Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Monkey selfies

I just read an article about a monkey, who took some selfies with someone's camera. An animal rights group said that the macaque monkey should be able to legally own the photos, but the owner of the camera said that he should own them instead. The monkey is named Naruto, and he lives on the island Sulawesi in Indonesia. Later, I didn't really get this part, but I think that the person who owned the camera set the camera up, and all the monkey had to do was press the button. I liked this article, but at first they called the owner of the camera "him" or "he" then they started calling him by his name, and that was confusing. Do you think that the monkey should
  own the photos, or should the man own them?
Go to https://newsela.com/articles/monkey-selfie/id/12128/  to find out what happened.
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. WOW Nutella,
    That is incredible, how did the money took a photo. Was the monkey smart or was the it taking a photo and sent it to his/her friend? I wish that I have a pet that can take a photo by it self. I wish that I can meet Naruto, in life. I have been dying for a pet that can take a selfies. I really like your blog Nutella. If you want to comment on my blog, here's the link: http://hpssiliuasil.blogspot.co.nz/
    Keep it up!

    From Siliuasi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Nutella19,

    My name is Toto, I am a year 6 student at Hay Park School in New Zealand, Auckland.WOW! Unbelievable, it would be quite cool if Naturo took photos and post it on the internet! I think that the man should own the photos because the photos are in the man's camera. How would you feel if people found out that you ( the monkey) were taking selfies?

    If you would like to visit my go to : http://hpstotot.blogspot.co.nz/

    Sincerely : Toto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toto, I am Matilda, I think it is cool that the monkey took the photos too, but it would of been really cool if the camera wasn't set up and Naturo set the camera up all by himself!

      Delete